Friday, October 23, 2009

An Apple a Day Keep the Doctor Away!

We were finally around on a weekend to go apple picking-my family has gone apple picking every year since I was a little girl, and this is definitely a tradition I want to bring to our family! Aunt Linda and her friend, Carol, and her daughter, Meg, met us at Whittier Fruit Farm. It was the coldest day that we have had yet and it sprinkled-but this didnt deter us! We picked a huge bushel of apples, a small pumpkin, and then we rode the haywagon back to the front of the orchard (after a LONG and muddy walk out to the back.) Gray LOVES apples and was very excited to see them all over the ground and to pick them from the trees. He loved trying all of the different kind of apples. We had a great time-and then we spent the rest of the cold weekend snuggled up in our house. I have also been trying to figure out what to do with the apples-because I dont want to bake -because I will eat it all!! I made applesauce and have made baked apples in the oven and in the microwave-the oven def wins, but it just takes way too long!!

No comments: